What is Dry Eye?
Nobody loves the feeling of burning, irritated eyes.
When the body doesn’t produce enough tears or produces tears of poor quality, it prevents your eyes from getting the hydration they need to work properly. We call this chronic condition dry eye or dry eye disease.
If you think you’re suffering from dry eye, request an appointment today.
- Itchy eyes
- Red eyes
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Stringy discharge
- Eye fatigue
- Heavy eyelids
- Difficulty focusing
- Feeling that something is in your eye
- Periods of excess tears
- Periods of blurry vision
Dry Eye Solutions for Alberta’s Climate
As one of the founding members of the Dry Eye Institute of Canada, we are constantly searching for effective dry eye treatments in Alberta's dry climate.
Using the most advanced technologies and the newest medical research, our doctors uncover the root cause of your dry eye symptoms. With the correct diagnosis, we can create a personalized treatment program for your unique case.
Our Diagnostic Elements
- Your medical and medication history
- Blink analysis
- Lipid layer thickness analysis
- Fluorescein and Lissamine green staining
- Strip meniscometry testing
- Tear break-up time
- Slit lamp examination
Our Treatment Options
- Artificial tears or ointments
- Medicated eye drops
- Oral medication
- Lid hygiene techniques
- Nutritional supplements or modification
- Manual expressions
- Punctal plugs
- Intense pulsed light therapy
- Eye Light